Yes Roy, dogs do go to Heaven.
I have a few questions that I hope you will answer for the dogs on earth:
Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?
When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?
Why do we have cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the "Cadillac Escalade" to the "Cadillac Havanese"?
If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?
We dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?
Are there delivery people in Heaven? If yes, will I have to apologize?
Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good dog.
1. I will not eat the cats' food before she eats it or after she throws it up.
2. I will not roll on dead squirrels, fish, frogs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.
3. I will not eat from Mom and Dadís plate or drink the milk from their glass before they are finished with dinner.
4. I will not leave the yard without permission.
5. The sofa is not a 'face towel'. Neither are Mom and Dad's laps.
6. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
7. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
8. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mom's driver's license and registration.
9. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
10. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying "hello".
11. Mom and Dad's shoes are not chewies.
12. I must shake the rainwater out of my hair before entering the house - not after.
13. I will not throw up in the car.
14. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.
15. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when we have company.
16. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with her and she makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.
And finally GOD, My last three questions --
Why do humans only have 10 Commandments and dogs have 16?
When I get to Heaven do I get to keep my testicles?
And GOD, do all good dogs really go to heaven? What about cats?
Lotís of tail wags,
Yes Roy, all good dogs and cats do go to heaven. We know that you are in heaven running free with your big brother Wease and big sister Mudy. We know that your name sake is taking good care of all of you until we can join you.
We thank you for being our little man and bringing so much joy and happiness to all of our lives.
We love you and miss you more than words could ever explain. You will live forever in our hearts.
KandL's Roy Baxter Schuchmann
October 24, 2004 - January 17, 2007
Big's Horse Wease
July 1992 - September 2003
Wease was our first Kid. He was a liver German Short Hair. He loved to run and hunt.
December 1996 - January 2003
Mudy was saved from an intentional farm accident. She was named after a dog from Mom's childhood. She had the most loveable and sweetest personality.
November 1994 - September 11, 2009
Smokey was the typical don't bother me unless I want you to cat. She was loved and lived a long life. We miss you Smokey!
Copyright © 2006 KandL Kidz. All rights reserved.